Port Louis is the capital and largest city in Mauritius. In 1735 it was built by the French and named for Louis XV and became a provisions stop for ships travelling around the Cape of Good Hope. In the early 1800s, the British took official possession of the island, but the French colonists were allowed to keep their language, customs and religion. English is the official language but French and Mauritian Creole are also spoken.
The flag of Mauritius...pretty!
We had no idea who Christian Decotter was but the terminal looked nice!
Carrying on…some lovely homes!