Tuesday, August 1, 2023

P!nk at Fenway Park, Boston

So lucky us...Pat Benatar, along with Neil Giraldo, was opening for P!nk! I didn't know who he was...hey, Google! Turns out he's a producer/arranger/songwriter and is Pat Benatar's husband.


Nancy and I had a beverage (or two!) before heading out to walk to Fenway Park. The architectural college is a private school. Very Harry Potter-ish...

A pretty scene...Boston is really beautiful. We really didn't know exactly where Fenway was. We just followed the crowd of people.

Fenway Park! We made it!

Pink was a prevalent colour!

A cute bullpen cart, which I gather is no longer in use. Nancy jumped in!

Well, that's nice!

People going in every direction. We might have saved ourselves some walking had we looked at which gate was closest. Nah! 

Finally, bathroom stop accomplished and drink in hand, we found our gate. 

Oh wow! OK, lots of people! 

Our seats with the stage circled. I was going to be pushing the limits of zoom on my phone!

We did it!! 

Disclaimer: all photos following will probably be out of focus, but they bring great memories to me. Apparently, you can't zoom in and dance at the same time! 

Pat Benatar with Neil Giraldo to the left...

A better picture not taken by me...

She is 70 years old, but you would never know it. She rocked it out!

The crowd...

A little clip of Pat Benatar and her group...

The lights went out, the screens came on and everyone started screaming!

Blurry, all blurry photos, but I love remembering that night.

Almost focused! The energy was amazing!


A pink skirt floated down from the ceiling, which she managed to get into gracefully, creating a very different atmosphere.


Yup, that's P!nk way over there! Closer definitely would have been better, but with the crowd energy and the big screens, it was an amazing show!

Here follows a shaky, compilation of songs...she is such an athlete, as well as an amazing singer.

Amazing band and wonderful dancers...so much energy!

And with that wonderful last flying through the air experience, it was over. It went by so fast. What an amazing show! Loved every minute of it.

That's it...the lights came on and we started the shuffle to get out. 

We had over 17,000 steps by now. Out of the blue, I hear Nancy yell "HEY!" She caught the attention of a pedicab driver and next thing we were hurtling down the street. I'm sure he does this a million times...goes careening around a corner while yelling "I have no brakes!!" Talk about a ride! He screeched to a stop in front of  the hotel and as we got out, Nancy said "You little shit" and gave him $50. Cracked me up! It was such a fun night.

We were up early the next morning and on the road for home. Bye, Boston! I'd love to come back.

We stopped in Maine to get something to eat and use the facilities. This beautiful car was on show.

We checked out the lookout for Mount Katahdin...I talked about it with Nancy on the way, enough that she thought I might want to do the lookout! I have mentioned it in previous blogs at the bottom of this one, and in this one, and here where I first started the blog in 2008. It's pretty even without the snow.

And with one last selfie, that was it...our quickie trip to Boston was over. It was such a great three days. Sign me up anytime, Nancy! 

I arrived home on August 2, and Jim and I were leaving for Ottawa the next day. Time to get some laundry done and repack. We don't go anywhere for ages, and then two trips back-to-back! Family reunion coming up...


No comments: