Saturday, April 20, 2019

A Beach Day in Cayo Santa Maria

We had read before coming to Cuba that you should bring an insulated cup. OK...will do! I have never seen so many Bubba mugs. I didn't even know what a Bubba mug was before Cuba. We were catching on though. The plastic cups they serve drinks in at the pool or beach were pretty small. I still hadn't found a drink I loved, so this was my fallback position--double wine with ice cubes! That's a whack of wine!


Sitting on the verandah at the Sanctuary waiting for the rain to subside...it rained four of the days we were there and only for about an hour each time. Then it would be as hot and humid as ever...

Jim waiting out the rain...

Selfie!

We were at the Memories Paraiso lobby watching the entertainment when this little furball went flying across the lobby. Poor little munchkin! By now I was making sure I had cat treats wherever I went. The little guy gobbled them up.

The show that night was Broadway themed...Phantom!

Chicago...

Greased Lightning!

And the walk home by the light of the moon...

The next morning I was up early to snag a beach hut. At first I decided there was no way I was getting up at 6 am, but it was pretty hot and uncomfortable if you weren't in the shade. So when in Cuba...

High tide took out one of the huts...

It was pretty windy and the water was choppy...


But lovely...

Beach volleyball, anyone?

Some ominous clouds...it wasn't unusual to have a sudden cloud burst.

The water was amazing...

I decided to head back over to the Memories Paraiso lobby to see if I could find the kitten. No luck there, but on the way back, I spotted this guy. He hissed if I got too close, but was pretty happy with the treats when I backed off.

Pretty much given up on trying to control the curls!

Our design for the day...

I realized I didn't take any food pictures. We had no problem whatsoever with the food, as opposed to some reviews I had read.

Jim looking pretty pleased with himself...

A little night time entertainment at the Sanctuary...

The pools always looked so pretty at night...


And a surprise in our room...follow the trail of flowers...

To an upside down heart...

And a cute note...the people here truly make the place what it is.

Tomorrow, it's time to go off the resort on an excursion!

No comments: